Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy Hour Review - Maggiano's


I am sorry that my first two happy hour reviews haven’t been good ones, but Maggiano’s has really busted my bubble and I have to get this out of my system. I used to live in Short Pump, a few years ago, and frequented Maggiano’s often. I am not a chain-hater or a food snob, but when you tell me one thing and then do another you are on my list.

A few weeks ago, my husband and I ate dinner in the bar and noticed they have added a new “bar menu” with small bites that they serve at Happy Hour. (Side note: for some reason the West End places only do Happy Hour from 4-6, so if you don’t live out there, you have to hustle to get there.) So, Wednesday night we rushed out the door to get there before six. We got there at 5:45pm and the place was packed. Luckily a couple just got up and we got two seats at the bar right smack in the middle. It took 10 minutes for anyone to even make eye contact, but I didn’t blame them, it was really busy. I grabbed the menu and we picked which small bites we wanted. I chose the Bruschetta and the Mini Meatballs al Forno. The husband picked Four Cheese Fried Ravioli and Mozzarella Flatbread. When the bartender finally came over at 5:55, he said, “Oh yeah, we aren’t doing that in December, we are too busy to give a deal like that. I’ll get you the regular appetizer menu.”

We left.

I was really mad that I hustled down there, the menu was sitting on the bar and the guy didn’t offer an apology about the fact that they are confusing customers with fake deals that they won’t serve. I get it. They are busy during this time of year. So take the menu off the bar! Say you are sorry that I drove through Short Pump traffic for nothing. What makes me even redder about all this is I went home and looked at their website. The small bites bar menu is one of the promotional items featured on the main page! So they are still advertising it online, but won’t serve it to you. The only good thing to come of this is we ended up at The Wine Loft. I will post that (wonderful) review next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment