Thursday, February 10, 2011

Brunch Review – Kitchen 64


Who doesn’t love a brunch?  It is a time when there are no rules.  Order what ever you want on the menu, eggs, sandwiches, pizza or waffles.  There are no rules!  So when I am able to get myself up and going on a Saturday morning, Kitchen 64 (3336 N Boulevard) is exactly the kind of place I want to go.

On a Saturday this place will be packed, but we have never had to wait for a table.  We did have to park far away, but trust me when I say it is worth the walk.  Their menu is the perfect Thrifty brunch.  They have breakfast basics like Omletes, Waffles and French Toast all for under $8.  In fact, nothing on their menu is more than $10, except for two of their salads.  Which is funny when you think about it, but who orders a salad for brunch?  If breakfast is not your thing then pick from sandwiches, burgers, pizza and more.

There are two things that Kitchen 64 offers that make this one of my top ten places.  One) they have 6 different styles of Eggs Benedict.  I have had the Fried Green Tomato Bennie.  Other options that sound tasty are the Smoked Salmon Bennie and the Prime Rib Bennie.  Two) Mimosa Pitchers for $12.  Do I really even have to expand on that?  I didn’t think so.

The last time we ate at Kitchen 64, my husband ordered Scott’s Addition, which is essentially a prime rib French Dip sandwich with other toppings.  He has a man sized appetite, so I was really surprised when he only finished half of his sandwich and French fries.  There was so much food we had left-overs for a late afternoon snack.  That is a brunch I can get behind.

Other than brunch, Kitchen 64 has some very Thrifty Specials.  Super Sunday is $2.50 Drafts, Mojito Mondays, Mojitos for $6, Tequila Tuesday means $4 margaritas and Wine Down Wednesday get $4 Chardonnay and Merlot.

Kitchen 64 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment