Thursday, March 24, 2011

Richmond Restaurant Week - Spring 2011


This year, Richmond Restaurant Week will happen twice!  And if you are looking for a Thrifty way to dine out, this is it.  Restaurants participating in Restaurant Week will offer a three course menu for just $25.10.  $2.10 will go to Feedmore which benefits the Central Virginia Food Bank and Meals on Wheels.  It is so nice to think that my dining out habit can actually contribute to a good cause. 

Spring Restaurant Week will take place from April 25th through May 1st.  My only dilemma at this point is choosing which restaurants will be on my calendar for the week.  My top picks are places that aren’t always considered Thrifty spots:

Six Burner – A few months ago, some friends who were visiting from Michigan ate here and couldn’t stop raving about it.  I was so bummed that we didn’t drag ourselves out to the 9pm (on a weeknight) dinner.  Six Burner is also known for a great wine selection and since I am spending so little on dinner, why not splurge on a great glass of wine.

Amour Wine Bistro – Every time I walk by this spot in Carytown, I am tempted by their menu posted in the window.  My husband and I said we would come here for a special occasion, but what is more special that Restaurant week.

Julep’s – I have always been curious about Julep’s, but never managed to get down there.  The Restaurant Week menu is a perfect reason to visit the inconspicuous corner in the Bottom.  Plus, they made it on the top 100 Best Places to Drink in the South in Imbibe Magazine.  I will be having a cocktail with that 3 course dinner.

Helen’s – I had an amazing dinner at Helen’s over 4 years ago.  I have no good reason to not have been back.  I think they get an unfair wrap as a hipster hang out spot, when I just remember, really great food.

Lehja – One thing I have not experienced in Richmond is Indian Cuisine. I really haven’t heard anything about Lehja from friends.  On their website they have a good looking menu and an extensive wine list.

To view the full list of participating restaurants at RVAnews.com, menus coming soon.

I will be saving up my pennies to experience as much of restaurant week as I can.  I only wish that even more restaurants were participating to turn the whole town into one huge fundraiser full of foodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment