Friday, July 8, 2011

Weekend Plans - Beer, BBQ, Brass and Burgers


I am so excited for this weekend! The summer is in full swing and there is so much going on that I had to start putting things on a calendar to keep it all straight. Most of my plans are for thrifty events with one little expense thrown in for what is absolutely going to be an amazing Richmond experience. Here is my social calendar!

Friday – Beer Theatre at Wine and Beer Westpark (FREE)
This is my first Beer Theatre and I am excited to finally see what it is all about. Head Brewer, Chris Wilson will be streaming live to the shop to talk through a tasting and discuss the brews of Weyerbacher. Starts at 6pm and should be a great start to my Friday night.

Saturday Early Afternoon – Richmond BBQ Crawl ($50)
Matt Sadler of the Richmond food blog, themarinara.com, has put together what is sure to be a great event. For $50 we will ride a bus through the city and hit multiple BBQ restaurants to taste and marvel. On the bus will be Jeff Pullen, local BBQ judge discussing the art of rating BBQ. We start at Grandpa Eddies at 1pm and ride and dine through the early afternoon. This is my big spend event, but in my opinion totally worth it.

Saturday Late Afternoon – No BS Brass Band Fundraiser for the bus ($2)
Starting at 4pm, the No BS Brass Band will be playing in the bus lot at 4401 East Main Street for a fundraising event in support of the 2BNB bus. Entrance is only $2 and there will be beer, wine and more BBQ for purchase (although I doubt I will need more BBQ).

Sunday - Bargain Burgers @ The Tobacco Company ($2)
I am looking forward to hitting the Slip on Sunday for the newly established $2 Burger night at The Tobacco Company Restaurant. 8 oz. burgers for $2 will go perfectly with a bucket of 5 beers for $10.

I am very much looking forward to a weekend full of food and fun! Happy Summer! Photo credit: Patrick Hannan.

2 comments:

  1. now that is a great line up j~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a great weekend! Thanks for the photo credit!

    ReplyDelete